Discover the edge of the Sahara Desert and the Atlas on this 5-day tour from Marrakech, and explore the dramatic landscapes of the Dades Valley, Zagora and Kasbah of Ouarzazate. Ride across the dunes of Erg Chebbi by camel and sleep at a desert camp surrounded by high sand dunes.
• Discover the gates of the Sahara Desert at Ouarzazate & Zagora
• Ride across the Erg Chebbi dunes on a camel
• Spend the night at a Bedouin camp
• See the famous Kasbah of Ait Ben Haddou
• Drive across the High Atlas Mountains
• Take the back roads through the Dades Canyons
• Enjoy an authentic Moroccan dinner under the stars
Day 1 : Marrakech to Dades Gorges
We will leave Marrakech early morning to start our 5 Days trip from Marrakech via atlas and Merzouga desert. We pass through Tizi-n-Tishka in the high Atlas Mountains and have short stops to take some photos. We will visit the Ait Ben Haddou village which is recognized by UNESCO as a world patrimony, then continue our day enjoying the beautiful natural landscapes of Roses Valley, which is known by Festival of roses. Drive to Dades Gorges where we will spend the night in local hotel.
Day 2: Dades Gorges to Merzouga :
After breakfast, we drive to Merzouga which is known for the highest sand dunes in North Africa. It is called Erg Chebbi Sahara desert .On our way, we will have the chance to see many oasis. After Rissani we will continue our way enjoying the green oasis of palm trees of Ziz –Tafilalet and the black Hamada before arriving to Merzouga and greet our camels who are waiting to take us on an adventure in the sand dunes. We will spend the night in an equipped camp in the middle of the Sahara! This is a great opportunity to take lovely pictures of the sunset and sunrise. At this time, we will explore the secrets of the Sahara and its unlimited horizons.
Day 3 : Merzouga :
Today we spent the day by exploring Merzouga desert. You will have opportunity to take amazing pictures, you can also and we also explore the area by 4×4. We will visit Khamlia village ( black people) – famous for its music ‘Ginaoua’. We can’t miss opportunity to see perfect sunset in the sand dunes. We will spend the night in Berber tents with local music and tasty local Tajin for dinner.
Day 4 : Merzouga to Zagora :
After an early breakfast in the camp, we ride the camels back to the hotel to take shower, and then we start our trip to Draa valley. We will pass through oasis of Rissani and Berber villages, oasis of Nkoub and we stay overning in local hotel in Zagora.
Day 5 : Zagora to Marrakesh :
Today we will drive to Marrakesh, exploring Draa valley, Agdz, Ouarzazate and different Kasbahs along the way. Finally we get back to Marrakech and the end of our 5 days trip from Marrakech via atlas and Merzouga desert.
• Pick-up from your hotel or riad in Marrakech
• Transportation by modern, air-conditioned minibus (15 seats)
• English / French-speaking driver/guide
• Overnight stay in Boumalne Dades
• Camel trek in Erg Chebbi to watch the sunset and sunrise
• Overnight stay at a Berber desert camp at Erg Chebbi (including dinner and breakfast)
• Bedding at both accommodations
• Access to toilets and showers at both accommodations
• Overnight stay in Zagora
• Private room (Hotel Dades & Zagora) and private tent (camp)
Every Thursday & Sunday
Pick up at 07h00